
I think that this image Michele took is very strong and could have multiple meanings. The first thing that grabs my attentions is the guy in the foreground. He is staring at something and it makes the viewer curious about what he is looking at. The same is true for the girl in the background. The viewer does not really know where she is looking but I am curious about what it is. This contrast of each person looking in opposite directions creates some tension between the foreground and background, but allows the eye to lead off the page and then come back in the direction that the remaining person is looking. The fact that both of these people look like they rebellious with the gauged earrings, dark clothes, and wild retro sweater is interesting because they are sitting there with Starbuck's coffees which are so unoriginal as far as coffee shops go. This was something that we discussed as a class and because Starbuck's is so universal I think it makes these people look as though they may be trying to be individuals and rebellious, when in reality they are probably going through most of the same problems that other teens their age are, but they are just trying to express themselves. I also like the connection of this yellow velvet chair with some of the intense colors in the girls coat because it makes it so that the chair does not seem so out of place. I like the double focus of two people, and the one in the foreground being more zoomed in and cropped then the one in the background. It helped to create some variety in size within the image.
No comments:
Post a Comment