Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Roni Stack
I loved this presentation because it is where I picture myself when I am older. Not necessarily doing the same artwork as her with the signage and film aspect, but with the incorporation of art into a job where there is a stable income. I enjoyed this presentation also because it allowed for me to understand that although it is a design career, you could be working for someone, as she was referring to as, "the man." I understand this, however, as of now working in a business environment as an artist is something I am aspiring towards. I though that her explaining how quickly signage has been transforming with technology is somewhat scary because although it is more interactive and it can move, I feel like there is something so less personal about a screen than a piece of paper, plastic, or wood with a signage design on it. I thought the gala that she did was amazing and would love to be a person that helped design something of that scale. I think what I got out of this presentation the most is that how ever much effort you put into your career is how much you get out of it. Thus far, I feel as though I am working as hard as I can and I am constantly thinking about the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment