Sunday, March 29, 2009
Scott McCloud
This video of comic books was helpful to my own project. It made me understand that how a person visually follows the flow of the story does make an impact on the meaning. After he compared the print comic strips to the online ones I thought that the flow of the one online was much more smooth. I think that the message that the artist was trying to get across was also more clear, especially in the one with the dog in outer space. However, personally I do not like looking at things on a computer screen. I think that although they are more 3D and involve more of the senses, there is something about having the comic art in my hand that makes it much more appealing. The fact that paper is limiting compared to the computer with both the format of the comic strip and the senses that are involved, it makes me think that in reality the computer version in much more effective. It does show how technology is starting to take over because if comics to end up becoming more advanced and advance in the computer world, the funnies section of the newspaper does not seem to have much hope for survival.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment